for empty page layout

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Manohar_1024

for empty page layout

Post by Manohar_1024 »

hello,
I want "intentionally left blank" as a text in the center of my empty page.
I am using DITA with CSS transformation.
Thankyou.
Costin

Re: for empty page layout

Post by Costin »

You can find information on how to add a blank page after a topic right in the User-Guide.

Going further, we do not provide consultancy or customization services, but there are two ways I can think of at this time to add text in the middle of that page:

- either create an image (preferably SVG, as it is scallable) with the text in the middle of a white background, then use that image as a background-image for your custom (blank) page. More specific, in the CSS rule that creates your blank page, add a background-image property to point to the image you have just created.
Eg:

Code: Select all

@page topic-separating-page{
background-image:url(path/to/your_background_image.png);
}
- or add the "intentionally left blank" text as content, then style the content of the page as you wish, through your own CSS customization.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
santhudev123

Post by santhudev123 »

Hello Costin,

We are getting the "empty page" but not as we required. chapters/sub-chapters should always start at an odd page (right side page of the book) in this case the "empty page" should be on even page (left side page of the book). so can we able to get the empty page automatically wherever the chapter/sub-chapter ends on the odd page (right side page of the book) using DITA with CSS transformation.

Thanks and Regards,
Santhosh M
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi,

It's not so clear what exactly do you want to achieve.
I mean, I could not understand very well, how would you like to have an empty page forced on the right side (odd), while your chapters always start also on odd page.

It would be best if you could send on our official support email (support@oxygenxml.com) a screenshot from the PDF depicting where you need the empty page.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support