Outline view

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
mawaters

Outline view

Post by mawaters »

I accidentally turned off my outline view and cannot figure out how to turn it back on. When I try to use the Preferences option to do so, I get the following message: "This view is not currently available. Possible reasons: it may be incompatible with the current file or with the selected editing mode." I've searched the forums, but found nothing under the terms I could think of to search with.
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Outline view

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

Do you have any files opened? You need to if you want to be able to show the Outline view.

Best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML
mawaters

Post by mawaters »

Yes, whether files are open or not, the left side window that would contain the outline view is closed, with no side tab that would enable me to re-open the outline.
mawaters

Post by mawaters »

Yes, files are open. Note the message "This view is not currently available. Possible reasons: it may be incompatible with the current file or with the selected editing mode." This seems to be the core issue, since I can't get the outline to open using that option under preferences.

Mary
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hi,

What kind of documents do you have opened? For example, for .txt files the Outline cannot be shown. Please try opening an XML file and then go to the Window menu > Show view > Outline. Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,
Sorin C.