Search across multiple versions of help

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
syed

Search across multiple versions of help

Post by syed »

Hello,

Currently, we generate webhelp output from the current version of the product documentation. So, the search is restricted to one version of the doc. What has to be done if i also want to search across all the versions of the doc?

Thanks...
Syed
Costin

Re: Search across multiple versions of help

Post by Costin »

Hi Syed,

Unfortunately, this is not possible using the current implementation of oXygen XML WebHelp.
However, as we received quite a few requests for such feature, we have already added an improvement request in our internal improvements tracking system, so this will be analyzed by our developers for a possible implementation in a future version of oXygen.

I've also logged your vote for it, so that we will notify you when this functionality will be implemented.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
michaelmcl

Post by michaelmcl »

Has there any further development on Webhelp search to enable searching across multiple documents since this question was raised?
cosmin_andrei

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,
According to our product roadmap this improvement is not planned to be addressed in the short term.
We already have a feature request logged in our internal tracking system to add this functionality in a future version, so I've just added your vote for it and we will notify this thread when/if a new implementation becomes available.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support