Webhelp Responsive customization

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
ckabstein

Webhelp Responsive customization

Post by ckabstein »

Hi,

I have been trying to customize the Webhelp Responsive plug-in (19 version, sorry we haven't managed to update to the latest version yet). We already have an extension plug-in which works quite well.

I'm now trying to include a new parameter that I can define in the transformation scenarios.
This works well for the individual topics, but it looks like I can't make it work on the main page.
I have defined the new parameter in the insertParamters.xml file and it's been properly added to the build_dita.xml, but only here:

Code: Select all

<!-- 
        Extension point to pass parameters to the XSLT transformation.
      -->
If I manually add the parameter definition to the build_dita.xml of the webhelp plug-in at the position where you can add extension points

Code: Select all

<!-- 
        Extension point to pass parameters to the XSLT transformation that creates the main HTML page.
      -->

the parameter is used on the main page.
Problem solved, I thought. However, when I run the DITA OT Integrator, the parameter definition is deleted.
Sorry for my lack of identifying where to pass this parameter properly, but could you point me to the file where this works?
Do I have to override a template for this? If yes, which one and in which file?

Thanks,
Christina
oXygen XML Editor 25.0 build 2023013006
DITA OT 3.7.3
radu_pisoi

Re: Webhelp Responsive customization

Post by radu_pisoi »

Hi,

Please make sure you are using the com.oxygenxml.webhelp.xsl.createMainPage.param[1] XSLT-Parameter extension point to pass parameters to the stylesheet that generates the main page.

[1] - https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... atMainPage
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ckabstein

Re: Webhelp Responsive customization

Post by ckabstein »

Hi Radu,

Thank you so much for the hint. I was indeed playing around with the wrong extension point.

Made my day!

Best,
Christina
oXygen XML Editor 25.0 build 2023013006
DITA OT 3.7.3