Feedback functionality does not work with mobile devices

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Heidi Jou

Feedback functionality does not work with mobile devices

Post by Heidi Jou »

Hi
I have a problem that requires urgent assistance. I've created a huge service manual for a client to be used as a webhelp only.
This client also needs the feedback functionality and unfortunately we found out that with mobile devices it simply does not work.
One cannot write anything on the feedback field. It keeps bouncing up and down.

We have tested the output with various different scenarios and with oXygen version 20.1. and 21.0. Even with oXygen's own default templates the result is equally unsatisfactory.

This is definitely a bug that needs to be fixed - don't you agree?
Please let me know when to expect some solution to this problem.
How to tackle the issue meanwhile? We were trusting oXygen to do the stuff correctly.
ionela

Re: Feedback functionality does not work with mobile devices

Post by ionela »

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
We were able to reproduce this problem on our side and I have logged it to our tracking tool in order to be further investigated by our development team.

We are currently working on a new Oxygen FeedBack system that have been deployed on our user guide:
Oxygen XML WebHelp Responsive user guide

We'll release in the near future a demo version of the Oxygen Feedback, so you can try at that time the new system and check it it meets your customer needs.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Heidi Jou

Post by Heidi Jou »

Thank you! Excellent stuff that you will improve this.
Do you have any estimate for the improved version?
ionela

Post by ionela »

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimation of the official release date for the new FeedBack system.
Most likely, in one month will release a demo version of it. Please note that the new Oxygen Feedback system is a new SAS platform, not an improved version of the WebHelp Responsive with feedback transformation.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support