DITA Maps Manager: Windows can't find the target

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
zuza

DITA Maps Manager: Windows can't find the target

Post by zuza »

Hello,

This one has been annoying me since oXygen 20 (now on 21.1). I am finally posting it as it's happening to my colleague as well.

In DITA Maps Manager, after opening a new map, if I try to do anything like Edit Properties, Append Child, etc, I will get a window saying "Windows can't find the target". I click to close it, then the same windows pops up. This happens a few times and then finally it's happy and lets me do what I want.

I think it only happens the first time I do anything with a map after opening it in the manager.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ozana
adrian

Re: DITA Maps Manager: Windows can't find the target

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Please see the topic: Error message when opening the explorer inside Oxygen
It's the same issue, even though the message is slightly different. The issue was introduced in Java 8u191 and 8u202. Java 8u202 is bundled with Oxygen v21.0 and v21.1.
This message usually appears if you have broken shortcuts placed in key locations, like Desktop. The message dialog may appear several times (once for each broken shortcut).
Could you please check for orphaned shortcuts on your Desktop. Especially check for shortcuts that may be pointing to locations you no longer have access to (e.g. inaccessible network locations) or shortcuts to files or folders that no longer exist. Remove those shortcuts to avoid the issue.
Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com