output files not where expected

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
mdevoto

output files not where expected

Post by mdevoto »

Hi all. I'm intermittently having trouble with various HTML outputs because even though the build is succeeding, my HTML files aren't outputting to the right place, resulting in the topic links being broken. Specifically, when I run the HTML5 transformation on my ditamap, the CSS and index.html files are in the top-level out folder--but nested inside the Out folder is an entire folder structure all the way up to my Mac's Users folder, with the HTML output at the bottom level. So all the links in the

here's a pic:
nested_folders.jpg
nested_folders.jpg (112.46 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
If I move the HTML files up to the top level of the out folder, the topic links work fine. But why aren't they being built and outputted at the right level in the first place? I haven't changed output settings that I know of. Has anyone seen this before? We're pretty newly licensed although I've used Oxygen a lot in the past.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (251.11 KiB) Viewed 1217 times
Radu

Re: output files not where expected

Post by Radu »

Hi,

You probably have inside some of your DITA topics references to locations outside of the main DITA Map folder.
The publishing engine has problems when you have such references because it will try to duplicate in the output folder the entire structure of the input folder and it will try to locate a common path in the input folder where all the input content is located.
There is a transformation parameter called "fix.external.refs.com.oxygenxml" which you can set to "true" in order to fix such problems:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... -refs.html

If you open the main DITA Map in the "DITA Maps Manager" view and use the "Validate and check for completeness" toolbar action, there is a checkbox called "Report references to resources outside of the main DITA Map folder". Maybe you can check that and then run the validation to see what those external references are.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
mdevoto

Post by mdevoto »

Thanks, and sorry for not getting to this sooner--I never got a notification. So looking at the other questions you linked, does this mean that the ditamap always has to be above all the other referenced files in the hierarchy?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

If possible, yes, the top level DITA Map should be in the folder structure above all other referenced DITA resources.
If this is not possible, you will need to use the ""fix.external.refs.com.oxygenxml"" parameter but this will work only when publishing from Oxygen, it will not work if you want to set up publishing from a command line.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com