Moving all Files of one Submap

Oxygen general issues.
marcus_s

Moving all Files of one Submap

Post by marcus_s »

Hi,

We converted a pretty big DocBook document to DITA - the single files (about 1200) are now arranged in one map with several submaps.
The problem is that these 1200 files are in one folder on one level, making things a bit messy.

Is there some way to move all files belonging to one submap to another folder with updating references?
I already tried the Map-Export, but that also includes all dita files (and images) that are only referenced, but not part of the particular sub-map.
Refactoring -> Move Resource does exactly what I want, but it seems it's only available for single files, but not multiple files at once.

Is there any feature I am missing?
We are using XML Editor 21.0, build 2019022207 by the way.

Best regards,
Marcus
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Moving all Files of one Submap

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hi Marcus,

You could use the Master Files support (see https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... files.html). While in the DITA Maps Manager you can indeed move only one topic at a time, in the Project view, using Master Files, you can move many of them, as well as other resources such as images, videos, text files and so on, by means of drag-and-drop or cut-paste. Please read the topic from the link I posted, because it should contain all the needed information. For any extra explanations, don't hesitate to ask.

All the best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML
marcus_s

Post by marcus_s »

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for the answer. I tried it and it works, but the problem is that I still have to figure out which file belongs to which submap and then select all these individual files with strg+click (for each submap).

Am I missing something or can that be done from the map view as well?

Regards,
Marcus
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello Marcus,

Unfortunately there seems to be no acceptable way of doing what you want right now... We also tried to investigate if we could create a plug-in or something, but the current API isn't sufficient. I added your feedback on an improvement request (internal ID: EXM-27488). We will update this thread when we implement this improvement.

Sorin C.
marcus_s

Post by marcus_s »

Thanks! :)