Importing DITA new topic preferences

Oxygen general issues.
hestonhoffman

Importing DITA new topic preferences

Post by hestonhoffman »

Hi,

I'm having trouble importing global options "DITA / New topics" preferences. I want to make sure everyone on the team is using the following settings:

When I import a global settings file with the following entry, nothing happens (the other entries in the file work fine):

Code: Select all

<entry>
				<String>Filename_generation_from_topic_title_options</String>
				<titleBasedFileNameGenerationOptions>
					<field name="charToReplaceSpacesWith">
						<String>_</String>
					</field>
					<field name="allLowerCase">
						<Boolean>true</Boolean>
					</field>
					<field name="upperCaseFirstLetter">
						<Boolean>false</Boolean>
					</field>
					<field name="howToGenerateFilenameFromTitle">
						<Integer>1</Integer>
					</field>
				</titleBasedFileNameGenerationOptions>
		</entry>
I'd appreciate any help on this.
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Importing DITA new topic preferences

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

If everyone in the team is working on the same project, the best approach for sharing the options is to save them at the project level. Please see https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... ns-section.

However, I also tested changing the global DITA > New Topics options in one oXygen instance (version 21), then I exported them to an XML file and finally I imported the options from that file in another instance of oXygen (version 22). After restarting this latter instance of oXygen, the options were set as expected and worked accordingly.

A third possibility for sharing your options would be to create a special plug-in written in Java or JavaScript. See https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... ple_plugin.

All the best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML
hestonhoffman

Re: Importing DITA new topic preferences

Post by hestonhoffman »

Thanks, I'll take another look and see if I can get the import to work on a separate instance of of oXygen. The plugin option sounds intriguing. I'll look into that as well!