Reenabling all frameworks results in responsive SVG display in the editor when opening topics (hooray!).
Great, you do not need to disable frameworks, you will not gain any performance improvement by doing so.
However, I still see the following messages in the PDF Chemistry log file, and PDF publishing takes an extremely long time
Usually in such cases to test this on my side I disable the network adapter and try to publish to PDF, if all goes well then the process should not contact any Web server at all during the publishing process.
But in this case indeed the final processing stage which takes the SVG and embeds it in the PDF seems indeed to need extra XML catalogs, catalogs that our DITA OT publishing plugin does not pass to it.
I added an issue to look into this, the Chemistry engine has support to add XML catalogs to it:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... rface.html
but they do not seem to be passed to the final stage of the PDF construction.