customize Webhelp Responsive home page

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
catherine

customize Webhelp Responsive home page

Post by catherine »

Hi, I want to display the wh_publication_toc on the home page, and adjust the layout of wh-titles .
How to achieve that ?
For now, I have a customized css file. I don't know how to display wh_publication_toc on the home page.

Will appreciate for your help.

Thanks and Regards
Catherine
Costin

Re: customize Webhelp Responsive home page

Post by Costin »

Hi Catherine,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to include the "wh_publication_toc" in the main page using the current implementation of WebHelp Responsive.
However, we already have an improvement logged in our internal improvements tracking system, to offer the possibility to make the WebHelp Responsive output and layout look like the deprecated WebHelp Classic, so I just added your feedback to it.

We will notify this thread when this will get implemented.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
catherine

Post by catherine »

Hi, Costin,
Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Catherine
Frank Ralf

Webhelp: Add publicatio TOC to home page

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Costin,

My thumbs-up as well for such a feature because our customer wants the complete publication TOC to show on all pages (index, topic, search).

I've tried copying the <whc:webhelp_publication_toc> section from the wt_topic.html template to the wt_index.html template. The container <nav> element is created but without any TOC content.

Looking at com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/xsl/template/topicComponentsExpander.xsl it seems that no side TOC is generated, probably because no temporary .sidetoc file has been created yet when the index file is processed because at that stage there is no real topic to process yet.

Would it be possible to inject the side TOC into the index.html file in a post-processing stage?

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
radu_pisoi

Post by radu_pisoi »

Hi,

The whc:webhelp_publication_toc component is available only for the Topic Page page layout. It is not expanded if you use it in other HTML page layout files.

I will register an improvement in our issue tracker to make it available in other pages.

There is a workaround to skip the main page generation, so the output will display the first content topic as main page. This workaround implies some changes in the WebHelp Responsive code. If you are interested for it, please contact us at support@oxygenxml.com.
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Radu,

Many thanks for your reply. Making the whc:webhelp_publication_toc component available for other pages would be appreciated.

We will consider your suggested workaround and get back to you if necessary.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com