Blank entry in table of contents

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
rthompson

Blank entry in table of contents

Post by rthompson »

I noticed a strange problem - when I generate a PDF, the table of contents looks all good, except for a "blank" entry with no heading.

It looks something like this, where the "..................................................9" line refers to the blank entry:

Topic 1..............................................6
Topic 2.............................................8

Sub-topic 2.............................................8

Topic 3.............................................11

When I click it it takes me to the corresponding page.

The page it refers to is a task. There are two tasks within the same dita file and it seems to be interpreting the second task as its own file deserving of a heading in the TOC (but doesn't populate a heading for it). I checked the topicrefs in the main ditamap file and there doesn't seem to be any reference to an "empty" file (or a previously deleted file).

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I tried re-creating the "Topic 2" and its nested sub-topic and deleting the old ones, but I still see the same thing happen.

Hope this is clear enough. Thanks!
Costin

Re: Blank entry in table of contents

Post by Costin »

Hi,

What specific transformation scenario are you using?

Please send a sample DITA Map in an as minimal form as possible to our official support email (support@oxygenxml.com).
That would help us better understand your source files structure and we could try investigate the cause.

Make sure you send a valid DITA Map that you can reproduce the issue with and the customization CSS file that you are using (if your transformation scenario uses a customization CSS).

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support