Problems connecting with FTP

Oxygen general issues.
GraemeBryce

Problems connecting with FTP

Post by GraemeBryce »

I am unable to connect to my server using the FTP file open dialog.

If I specify no username or password or the wrong username and password then the main part of the dialog returns with the word PASSWORD almost immediatelly.

If, however, I specify the correct username and password the system takes some time (hourglass cursor) and eventually returns

Error: Connection timed out: connect

I am able to connect to the server with this username and password using IE6, other editors and WSFTP, I am confident I have the correct username and password.

I suspect passive mode or NAT issues but can't find anywhere to configure for these.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
sorin_ristache

Re: Problems connecting with FTP

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
GraemeBryce wrote:If, however, I specify the correct username and password the system takes some time (hourglass cursor) and eventually returns

Error: Connection timed out: connect
The FTP client of <oXygen/> requires a passive mode FTP server and you cannot configure the mode in <oXygen/>. In your case the login to the FTP server is successful but the FTP repository cannot be browsed. You have to make sure that incoming connections to server ports greater than 1023 from any remote port are allowed by the firewall which guards the FTP server machine.

Regards,
Sorin
GraemeBryce

Post by GraemeBryce »

Many thanks