Java binding functionality

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
madde001

Java binding functionality

Post by madde001 »

One thing that would be really useful to me -- but I'm just learning about this so I may be naive -- would be a "Convert schema to Java classes..." functionality.

You could argue that this functionality belings in a Java IDE, not in an xml editor. Well, maybe so. But maybe it belongs both places.

I've been looking around at various xml-Java data binidng frameworks. There's JAXB, of course. But there seems to be much enthusiasm about JIBX (http://jibx.sourceforge.net), and the way that JIBX works (specifying bindings using a specification document that is itself and cml instance) seems well suited to use in an xml editing environment.

Could you comment about ways you might provide user interface hooks and backend plumbing to allow oxygen to easily interoperate with JIBX (or whatever other binding framework you like)?
John
madde001

Post by madde001 »

that was "xml instance", not "cml instance"
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello John,

It is on our TODO list already. You can increase the priority of the implementation by casting your vote in our Features Survey if you did not do so already (the section Generate code from ... to ...). It seems it would fit better in the Eclipse platform where a new Java project could be generated and added to the current workspace as a result of generating the Java classes. Of course the project would include both the schema file(s) and the corresponding Java classes.

Regards,
Sorin