How to apply page break on topic heads

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
dpksaini89

How to apply page break on topic heads

Post by dpksaini89 »

Hi Team,

I am using <oXygen/> XML Editor 20.1, build 2018061313 and publishing pdf using WYSIWYG using Dita and Css.

The 'page-break-before' in outputclass is not working for topicheads in ditamap.

Please help.
Otherwise the last resort is to use ditatopics without content inspite of topic heads.
Costin

Re: How to apply page break on topic heads

Post by Costin »

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this behavior!
I confirm that the page-break attributes do not work for <topichead> elements.
I have just logged this issue in our internal issue-tracking-system to be analyzed by the development team and will update this thread once we reach to a conclusion.

L.E: After a first look at the issue, it seems this is triggered by the fact that the outputclass attribute is not copied from the topicref to the corresponding topic.

As a workaround, until we will fix this in a future version, you could try using the below rule in a customization CSS:

Code: Select all

*[class~="pdf2-d/placeholder"] {
page-break-before:always;
}
Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
julien_lacour

Re: How to apply page break on topic heads

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

I did the test on Oxygen current version (23.0) with DITA Map PDF - based on HTML5 & CSS and I cannot reproduce the problem: you can set the outputclass="page-break-before" on <topichead> elements.

Regards,
Julien