Localize WebHelp Responsive to Chinese langauge

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
catherine

Localize WebHelp Responsive to Chinese langauge

Post by catherine »

Hi, I am using Oxygen 20.0.

I followed this article and tried to localize the webhelp responsive to Chinese language, but failed.
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... responsive

The following steps are what I did:
1. In the DITA-OT DIR/plugins, create one folder com.oxygenxml.webhelp.localization.
2. In the com.oxygenxml.webhelp.localization folder, add the following files with the suggested contents.
- webhelp-extension-strings.xml
- plugin.xml
- strings-zh-cn.xml
3. Edit the strings.zh-cn.xml file.
- change the @xml:lang attribute to zh-cn
- copy and paste the content from string-en-us.xml file which is in the DITA-OT-DIR/xsl/common folder
- translate all the contents in each <str> element.
4. Run the script DITA-OT-DIR/bin/dita.bat.
5. Back to Oxygen editor, change the transformation parameter args.default.language to zh-cn.
6. Edit the root map in text mode, set the xml:language to zh-cn.

After I published the webhelp, nothing changed, can you help me ?

Best Regards,
Catherine

In the DITA-OT-DIR/bin directory of the DITA-OT, run one of the following scripts, depending on your operating system:
Windows: DITA-OT-DIR/bin/dita.bat --install
Linux/Mac OS X: DITA-OT-DIR/bin/dita.sh --install
ionela

Re: Localize WebHelp Responsive to Chinese langauge

Post by ionela »

Hi,

I have just tested on the latest version of oXygen XML (v21.0) the localization procedure the Interface of WebHelp Responsive Output and it worked for me.
The procedure you've described applies if you run the WebHelp Responsive transformation scenario outside oXygen XML (e.g.from command line).
Do you run the WebHelp Responsive transformation from oXygen XML GUI?
If yes, the following procedure applies:Localize the Interface of WebHelp Responsive Output
In case you run the WebHelp Responsive transformation from oXygen XML GUI make sure you run the DITA-OT Integrator transformation scenario found in the DITA Map section of the Configure Transformation Scenario(s) dialog box (step 8 from the above procedure).
Also, make sure that the strings file is named strings-zh-cn.xml not strings.zh-cn.xml and the language parameter for that ditamap should be xml:lang="zh-CN".

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support