Creating index entries

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
julie

Creating index entries

Post by julie »

Hi
Can anyone explain me how to create index entries and generate index page using OxygenXML?

Regards
Julie
sorin_ristache

Re: Creating index entries

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Tagging the index terms in the document and creating the index depends on the type of the document. Please specify the type of your XML documents for which you want to create an index. Are they DocBook XML documents, DITA documents, etc?

Regards,
Sorin
julie

Post by julie »

Hi Sorin
Thank you for the reply.
I am trying to create index for the XHTML documents. Using oxygenXML, I created the concepts, tasks, topics etc and could transfor to XHTML. But I could not create the index entries in the pages and the could not generate the index page. Please help.

I am a beginner in DITA. Kindly provide me some useful links that will help me in learning DITA.

Also, if possible please provide me your online chat id.

Regards
Julie
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The terms marked with <indexterm> tags in the DITA topic, tasks, etc. are included in an index section created at the end of the output document only when generating PDF output, for example when applying the scenario PDF2 - Idiom FO Plugin to a DITA map opened in the DITA Maps Manager view of Oxygen. When generating XHTML output the DITA-OT stylesheets do not generate an index section. I think this should be a feature request for DITA-OT.

Regards,
Sorin
Manohar_1024

Post by Manohar_1024 »

hello,
I want to create index and index entries.
The problem is i am able to create the index in back matter---->book list----->index list.But it not appearing in PDF output So how to add the entries..? also one more it is present in table of contents but when click that i am getting nothing
I am using CSS and want PDF output
Dan

Post by Dan »