Problems switching to/from DITA Maps Manager & Editor

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
mkocik

Problems switching to/from DITA Maps Manager & Editor

Post by mkocik »

I'm having a problem when I edit a map from the CCMS I'm using (Astoria), both in DITA Maps Manager and in Editor. (oXygen v20.1)

When I check the map out from the CCMS and choose to open it in the Editor, it opens fine and I can edit the map as needed. But when I right-click the tab and select Open in DITA Maps Manager View, nothing happens. (I want to see the topic titles not the topic file names, which is why I want to open the map in the Manager.)

On the other hand: If I check the map out from the CCMS and choose to open it in the DITA Maps Manager, it opens fine. But then when I select Open Map in Editor from the Manager, it is locked for editing when it opens in the Editor.
Radu

Re: Problems switching to/from DITA Maps Manager & Editor

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Astoria has a plugin which may alter Oxygen's behavior in this regard. So probably they are doing this avoidance to open the DITA Map in two places on purpose.
You should try to write to Astoria about it, they can check if their plugin influences this behavior and they can also contact us if they want to have a discussion about how they can remove this limitation from their plugin.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com