Chemistry ignores cell span directives

Having trouble installing Oxygen PDF Chemistry? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
bloodnok

Chemistry ignores cell span directives

Post by bloodnok »

I need a table cell to span two columns. Marked it with <entry namest="c1" nameend="c2">. The columns c1 and c2 are defined in the proper place. Works correctly when rendered into HTML but fails when rendering to PDF. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
Costin

Re: Chemistry ignores cell span directives

Post by Costin »

Hi bloodnok,

I've just tested with both DITA Map PDF - based on HTML5 & CSS and the deprecated DITA Map PDF - based on CSS (WYSIWYG) with oXygen XML Editor v20.1 and the latest version 21.0 and there seems nothing wrong with the table.
The cell with "namest" and "nameend" attributes spans correctly over two columns.

Are you using a custom DITA-OT? Make sure you use the bundled DITA OT that comes with oXygen (you could couble check that in oXygen menu Options > Preferences > DITA > DITA-OT section).

Also, you should try changing the table cells content - use simple text inside the cells and see if this makes any difference.

If you still could not find the cause, you should send us (to support@oxygenxml.com) a sample file that reproduces the issue to investigate.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
bloodnok

Post by bloodnok »

Hi Costin,

I actually misspoke in my previous request. I'm using Chemistry to generate the PDF from an intermediate HTML file. Here's the HTML in question:

Code: Select all

<tr class="row">
<td class="entry" headers="network-analysis-graph__controls__entry__1 network-analysis-graph__controls__entry__2 " colspan="2">
<p class="p">Ridiculus maecenas <span class="keyword">non litora nostra</span> sem vulputate condimentum
donec primis, inceptos platea viverra nibh facilisi sollicitudin ac congue, auctor magna vivamus aliquet morbi
eros erat dis.</p>
</td>
</tr>
It appears Chemistry is ignoring the colspan directive in the <td> tag.
Costin

Post by Costin »

Thank you for reporting this!

I confirm we could reproduce this issue on our side and we logged it in our internal tracking system, so we will try to find and implement a fix in a future release.
Meanwhile, as a workaroud, you should use the following rules in a customization CSS:

Code: Select all

td[colspan]{
table-column-span:attr(colspan);
}
td[rowspan]{
table-row-span:attr(rowspan);
}
Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
bloodnok