Configure to work with XT

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
Sollitaire

Configure to work with XT

Post by Sollitaire »

Come someone please spell out for me out to configure Oxygen to work with the XT XSLT processor? I've been trying to figure this out for a week now and now my deadline is approaching too quickly for me to waste any more time trying to figure this out myself.

TIA
Sollitaire
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The User Manual explains how an external XSLT transformer must be configured. The screenshot is for Xalan C so you have to adapt the command line and the working directory for the XT's installed directory on your computer. For the input XML you should use one of the macros ${xml} (if XT expects a filesystem path) and ${xmlu} (if XT expects a URL). For the input XSL you should use one of ${xsl} and ${xslu}. The other supported macros are listed on the same page of the User Manual. Using macros instead of particular file names make the transformation scenario using XT as transformer more general. That means the same scenario can be applied with any XML or XSL input source without reconfiguring XT in Options -> Preferences -> XML -> XSLT/FO/XQuery -> Custom Engines.

Regards,
Sorin
Sollitaire

Post by Sollitaire »

Unfortunately this does not help me in the slightest but thank you for trying. I'll instead find a different way to do XT transformations. It'd be easier if I was on a PC but on a Mac there doesn't seem to be as many resources.

Anyway, thanks for trying to assist me.

Sollitaire
Sollitaire

Post by Sollitaire »

sorin wrote: reconfiguring XT in Options -> Preferences -> XML -> XSLT/FO/XQuery -> Custom Engines.

Regards,
Sorin
By the way - there is no Cutom Engines option in the menu you mention above.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

There is an easier way. Configure XT as JAXP transformer in Options -> Preferences -> XML -> XSLT/FO/XQuery -> XSLT -> JAXP XSLT Transformer. Just type the name of the XT's JAXP transformer factory in the Value field: com.jclark.xsl.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl, copy the xt20051206.jar file to [oXygen-install-folder]/lib folder, restart <oXygen/> and select JAXP as transformer in the transformation scenario in which you want to use XT. It works on all platforms where <oXygen/> can be installed, including Mac OS. I just tested it and it transformed without problems.

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Sollitaire wrote:By the way - there is no Cutom Engines option in the menu you mention above.
This option was introduced in version 7.1. Try the solution of my previous post which works in 7.0, 6.x and 5.x versions of <oXygen/>.

Regards,
Sorin