Adding table into the page header in CSS-based PDF output

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
U-Joe

Adding table into the page header in CSS-based PDF output

Post by U-Joe »

Hi,

I'm currently modifying publishing template for the "DITA Map PDF - based on HTML5 and CSS" transformation scenario. The problem is how to add simple 2x2 table with some boilerplate text in it into the page header for all pages except for the cover page. I've already checked the xsl files in the engine, but haven't found any useful template. Maybe just missed one though. Are there any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks.
Costin

Re: Adding table into the page header in CSS-based PDF output

Post by Costin »

Hi U-Joe,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to place an entire table element in the page header in the current implementation of the publishing engine.
However, in case the table content wouldn't change (if you have a static table that need to appear in the header), you could use this technique described in the "Page Headers and Footers" section from the User-Guide, through which you could create an image containing your table and use it as a background image in the header.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
U-Joe

Re: Adding table into the page header in CSS-based PDF output

Post by U-Joe »

Costin,

Thank you for the explanation.
The tables are vary slightly, so I need to make around 40 table images. Well, I'll try to convince managers to simplify the header. In case of failure I shall return to the proven "DITA Map PDF - based on XSL-FO" transformation scenario.