Nav links not wrapping in wh_publication_toc

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
kmank

Nav links not wrapping in wh_publication_toc

Post by kmank »

Hi,

This is regarding responsive webhelp output.
I have issues where the items in the left Navigation pane (wh_publication_toc) are not wrapping. The text overflows into the content area.

This happens only in Internet Explorer and I have exhausted all my wits working with IE's compatibility mode. I also tried implementing <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="...." /> within the <head>, in all it's various flavors.

Is there any precedence to this issue and possibly a solution?
Costin

Re: Nav links not wrapping in wh_publication_toc

Post by Costin »

Hello,

What specific version of oXygen XML are you using? You can find this information in the oXygen menu Help > About.
What specific version of Internet Explorer are you using?
What transformation scenario are you using? Are you using one of the predefined WebHelp scenarios and if yes, which one specifically (Classic - deprecated / Responsive?), or are you using a custom scenario with your own customizations (custom CSS, custom parameters, etc.)?
If you are using a custom scenario, please try using the predefined scenario, without any modifications.
What DITA OT are you using? The default (bundled) DITA OT from oXygen or an external one?

I have just tried publishing the flowers.ditamap DITA Map from the oXygen sample project to WebHelp Responsive using the latest version of oXygen available on the website and the default DITA-OT 2.x that comes bundled with oXygen and I could not reproduce the issue. The WebHelp output looks all right in IE11, as you can see from the attached screenshot.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
kmank

Re: Nav links not wrapping in wh_publication_toc

Post by kmank »

Thanks for the reminder to always go back to the foundation and go up from there.
This was using Oxygen 20.0 with the Responsive transform. We have some customization that seems to be forcing compatibility to IE10, even though there is no direct js code indicating as such.

When I pull out all the customization, the nav wraps as desired. So I will attempt to build things back up until I see the issue again. I'll post my result here for future reference.

Thanks again!