"Remove All" for Scenarios Configuration

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
nmshah

"Remove All" for Scenarios Configuration

Post by nmshah »

I just thought of a work-around to not having project specific scenario management in Oxygen.

I can create exported .properties files for the group of scenarios by project. I can then use "remove all" to clear all the current scenarios and import exported scenarios for the project I'm currently working on.

All that's missing is a "Remove All" button in the scenario management or an option in the import scenarios dialog to clear existing scenarios

Is it possible to add that?

Regards
Nilesh
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi Nilesh,

Until we find a solution you could export all your user preferences which include the project related scenarios instead of exporting only the scenarios, with the action Options -> Export Options, then clear all the options instead of removing all scenarios, with Options -> Reset Options, and import the saved preferences instead of the exported project related scenarios, with Options -> Import Options.

Regards,
Sorin
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Nilesh,

We plan to move the scenarios at project level in the future.

Best Regards,
George
nmshah

Post by nmshah »

Hi Geroge,

Excellent!! Can't wait to get it.

I had another time saving idea. I noticed that oxygen keeps track of the last run scenario for an XSL so that when I open an XSL, I can run the default scenario for that XSL quickly.

If you have an internal property file and you are using that to keep track of the last run scenario for the XSLs, you can take this feature a step further and provide a drop down with all the scenaios that the XSL is associated with.

This will allow for quickly executing various scenarios associated with that XSL from that single drop down - which is a big factor for us because we have several unit test cases to cover various scenarios for each XSL we write

Regards,
Nilesh