Profiling colors don't show in "resolved topics" view

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Carl

Profiling colors don't show in "resolved topics" view

Post by Carl »

I have "Show Profiling Colors and Styles" turned on all the time. When I an editing an individual topic, these colors display as expected. However when I use the "Open Map in Editor with resolved topics" button, the topics do not show the profiling colors, even though I've confirmed that the "Show Profiling Colors" option is still set.

Is this a bug or have I overlooked something?

As a workaround, I can turn on the "Show Profiling Attributes" option and it adds a colored indicator that's easy to spot.
Radu

Re: Profiling colors don't show in "resolved topics" view

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

In the Oxygen Preferences->"Editor / Edit Modes / Author / Profiling/Conditional Text / Colors and Styles" page there is an entry for each profiling attribute value that you are interested in rendering differently. For each entry there is a "Document Type" pattern. Just set that to a value something like "*DITA*" in order to match both the "DITA" and "DITA Map" framework configurations.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks, Radu. But when I go to that page and try to edit the document type for my colors, the "Document type" field is uneditable. How do I change "DITA" to "DITA*"?

(And there really should be an easier way to make the colors apply to both dita and ditamap topics.)
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Carl,

For Oxygen DITA topics and maps are like two separate vocabularies/frameworks, they have separate DTDs and separate custom actions.
The default profiling attribute settings in the Oxygen Preferences->"Editor / Edit Modes / Author / Profiling/Conditional Text" page match the "*DITA*" document type configuration in order to work for both frameworks. So in the same page you should edit the corresponding profiling attribute mapping you added and set its "Document Type" field to be "*DITA*" or "DITA*". The profiling colors and styles page will probably automatically re-configure.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com