Border has unneccesaty padding

Having trouble installing <oXygen/>? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
anna_craneo

Border has unneccesaty padding

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi, I'm using DITA-PDF WYSIWYG transformation with custom CSS.
I want to add a border around an image, this is what I do

Code: Select all

*[class ~= "topic/fig"] > [class ~= "topic/image"][placement = 'break'] {
  border: 1px solid #EFF1F2;

}

The border is added but in some cases, it is far out the picture - like in the example. This is not the expected behavior, I need it strictly around the image. How can I get it via CSS?
Costin

Re: Border has unneccesaty padding

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi Anna,

There were indeed some issues with the borders set through CSS on images, when using the deprecated DITA Map PDF - based on DITA and CSS (WYSIWYG) transformation from oXygen.
We tried to fix this issues and implemented a fix in our internal development stream, for the next major version of oXygen.

Meanwhile, is there a specific reason for which you want to use that specific transformation scenario?
Please note that it is deprecated and starting with the next version 21, it won't be available by default in the transformation scenarios list from oXygen (could be added though manually if the user insists on using it).
As long as you do not have any specific reason to use that scenario, I strongly recommend using the DITA Map PDF - based on HTML5 & CSS transformation scenario instead, as I tested and it seems this issue does not occurs for that transformation.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support

Return to “Common Problems”