Named Page

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
mrpaultracey

Named Page

Post by mrpaultracey »

Dear support
How can i name (or prepare) a named page and how do i see its name?

"To override the default rules defined for named pages such as chapter or table of contents,
you need to use more specific page rules, ones that contain the page name:

@page :left, table-of-contents:left, chapter:left {"
Costin

Re: Named Page

Post by Costin »

Hi,

Please note that named-pages do not refer to some pages that could be renamed using a custom name.

Those are specific pages (called "named pages") that could not be matched by the @page rule alone, but need more specific selectors (like "@page table-of-contents {" or "table-of-contents", etc.). Those selectors should be used as they are to match those named pages. You can find the predefined rules for the named pages in the "p-pages-and-headers.css" suggested in the User-Guide page that you already found.
how do i see its name
As specified on the above mentioned page:
All page definitions are found in: [PLUGIN_DIR]css/print/p-pages-and-headers.css.

If what you want is to change the title that appears in the PDF properties (the publication title), there is the -oxy-pdf-meta-title selector that you could use to match the title from the metainformation.

Otherwise, if you refer to the header of a page, you should first match the specific page, using the @page rule, as is or together with the name of the page, in case you need to change the header in the TOC page, or in the Chapter page, etc. and pseudo-seletors (more details on pseudo-classes used as page selectors at: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... seudo-page) whose header you want to change, then just perform your own customization,
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... utput.html

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support