Problem with Schema Editing in 7.0

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
cpu

Problem with Schema Editing in 7.0

Post by cpu »

For example, this one:

http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xhtml/xhtml1-transitional.xsd

I'm not able to open the schema above in Oxygen 7.0. It eats all assigned for jvm memory (-Xmx option) and after few minutes shows the OutOfMemoryError. I tried with -Xmx256m, Xmx512mb and got the same results...

Can you fix it, please. We cannot open our schemas where the schema stated above included with xs:import.

Thanks
sorin_ristache

Re: Problem with Schema Editing in 7.0

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

A local copy of the XML Schema file at the specified URL is opened instantly (no more than 2 seconds) including drawing the schema diagram by <oXygen/> version 7.0 on Windows XP with the default maximum heap memory setting of the .ini file, -Xmx180M. The remote file is also opened by the same 7.0 version from

http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xhtml/xhtml1-transitional.xsd

very quickly. Also <oXygen/> reports no validation errors in it. What is your platform and JVM version (go to Help -> About -> System properties -> java.version) ?

I should say I have no other files opened in <oXygen/>. Do you have other files opened when you try to open the XML Schema file ? Other large files already open can eat much memory, depending on their size.

Regards,
Sorin
cpu

Post by cpu »

hmmm... I think I know why.

We have the recursion here. This xhtml-transition.xsd has been modified locally to include our own tags. These tags are defined in the different xsd, which, in turn, includes xhtml-transition.xsd because it needs xhtml tags. And (looks like this is important) everything is defined through the catalog.

I prepared the test project and can send the one to you (do not see the way to attach it here). It is necessary to update oxygen_catalog.xml to provide correct pathes in the file system
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Please send the test project and the XML catalog file to support at oxygenxml dot com. You can always use the technical support page for such reports.

Regards,
Sorin
Last edited by sorin_ristache on Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpu

Post by cpu »

Thanks.

I've used the support page
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The problem was connected to using the XML catalog and we fixed it. The fix will be available in the release of version 7.1 in a short time.

Regards,
Sorin