Term list preference ignored by Ixiasoft CMS oXygen plugins

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
DavidArtman

Term list preference ignored by Ixiasoft CMS oXygen plugins

Post by DavidArtman »

I have defined three term lists.
I have them stored on a network server.
I have enabled Success & Failure Audit Events in that server's Local Group Policy Editor.
Event View shows when I access the files from my local machine using Notepad++.

Event Viewer has not shown any access other than that, even though I have repeatedly added the UNC path to the files in oXygen XML Author > Editor > Spell Check > Dictionaries Preferences (Include dictionaries and term lists from); and I have repeatedly restarted CMS and closed all Author Views and opened files for editing.
Permitted words as shown as misspellings.
Therefore, it appears that the preference is being completely ignored.

This failure is on my current DRM configuration:
- CCMS 4.4.46 DRM
- Eclipse 4.3.2
- oXygen plugin com.oxygenxml.author_19.1.0.v2017102417

I have seen this failure with one of my testers on this configuration:
- DITA CMS 4.2.53 64-bit
- Eclipse 4.3.2
- oXygen plugin oxygenxml.author_18.1

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.
---David
Radu

Re: Term list preference ignored by Ixiasoft CMS oXygen plugins

Post by Radu »

Hi David,

The "Include dictionaries and term lists from" settings points to a folder. In that folder you should have a separate terms file for each language:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... terms-list

For example on my side I pointed the setting to a folder \\sharedNetworkDrive\customTerms and in that folder I had a file called en_myterms.tdi containing the word workflow. Then I saved, restarted Eclipse and the auto spell check no longer reports this word as a problem.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
DavidArtman

Post by DavidArtman »

Thank you, Radu; I know that is what the Help says and how it is supposed to work. But as I reported above and show in the screen shot collage, it does not work. In that collage, "workflow" is permitted in an en_US_Dictionary.tdi file (black square), I have the preference pointing at the server folder... and a dotted red underline appears under "workflow" in the Author View when automatic spell checking is enabled.

Perhaps there are other dependent preferences? Perhaps something can override my local preferences (server settings; Eclipse)? For what it is worth, this is not the only preference that routinely fails or is lost on my system (applied Colors and Styles must be reapplied every restart).

As final evidence of this bug or override or other failure (as I wrote above): Why does my server audit log not show any access by the plugin, no matter how many times I restart CMS/Eclipse or reload files into oXygen? I should think oXygen has to actually read the files to use them, right? So if there are no file reads all day, when three different people are using that same setting to try to use the same term list files, then oXygen is not loading any of them; and as such, it continues to flag permitted terms and fails to flag forbidden terms.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hello David,

Just tested this with our latest Oxygen 19.1 plugin and it works for me:

http://archives.oxygenxml.com/Oxygen/Ed ... e/site.xml

After restarting Eclipse, if you look in the Spell check "Dictionaries" page, your setting which points to the shared network drive is preserved, right?

Let's try some things:

1) If instead of specifying a folder from a shared network drive you specify the same folder with the same content but from your local drive does it work that way?
If this works from the local drive, then the Oxygen plugin somehow cannot access the shared network drive, it may require for example some kind of authentication.

2) If you have a clean Eclipse installation (what Eclipse version are you using right now?) with only the Oxygen plugin installed without the Ixiasoft CMS and set the custom spell check terms folder just like you do right now, does it work like that?
If it works like this, maybe the Ixiasoft CMS plugin interferes with this.

You mentioned that when you restart Eclipse, you need to re-apply certain colors and styles settings. What Oxygen-related preferences page are you referring to? Oxygen has a "Colors and styles" preferences page as a subpage of the "Profiling" preferences page. Do you mean that page? If you try (2) you can also check to see if between restarts the Oxygen plugin properly preserves the settings in that particular page.
It's possible that when started the Ixiasoft Eclipse plugin forcefully imposes certain settings to the Oxygen plugin.

If all else fails, please contact us via email (support@oxygenxml.com), I can give you a logging configuration file to enable logging in the entire Oxygen plugin, then after you'll reproduce the problem we'll have a logging file containing lots of debug messages which may help us determine the problem.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
DavidArtman

Post by DavidArtman »

Radu wrote:Hello David,
Just tested this with our latest Oxygen 19.1 plugin and it works for me:
http://archives.oxygenxml.com/Oxygen/Ed ... e/site.xml
After restarting Eclipse, if you look in the Spell check "Dictionaries" page, your setting which points to the shared network drive is preserved, right?
Correct. That preference is preserved.
Radu wrote:Let's try some things:
1) If instead of specifying a folder from a shared network drive you specify the same folder with the same content but from your local drive does it work that way?
If this works from the local drive, then the Oxygen plugin somehow cannot access the shared network drive, it may require for example some kind of authentication.
Already tested that before seeking help. No, in the CMS, it does not work off of a local folder either.
Radu wrote:2) If you have a clean Eclipse installation (what Eclipse version are you using right now?) with only the Oxygen plugin installed without the Ixiasoft CMS and set the custom spell check terms folder just like you do right now, does it work like that?
If it works like this, maybe the Ixiasoft CMS plugin interferes with this.
Eclipse version is in the original post:
- Eclipse 4.3.2
I do not know how to make "a clean Eclipse installation... with only the Oxygen plugin installed without the Ixiasoft CMS."
I can, however, run standalone oXygen Author 18.1 Enterprise, pointing it at a local directory; and the preference is honored. HOWEVER, in that instance, it is case sensitive ("Workflow" is still flagged, even though "workflow" is no longer flagged). Which is not consistent with an email from you Wednesday, August 22, 2018 @ 02:30 Eastern US Time:
From: Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) <support@oxygenxml.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 02:30
To: Artman, David <David.Artman@....com>
Subject: Re: How To: oXygen Term Files case sensitivity

Hi David,

If you add the learned word as lowercase, both its uppercase and lowercase variants should no longer be flagged. We'll try to update our docs to state this more clearly.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
I do not see that in the testing I just performed (yes, I restarted oXygen standalone... twice.)
Radu wrote: You mentioned that when you restart Eclipse, you need to re-apply certain colors and styles settings. What Oxygen-related preferences page are you referring to? Oxygen has a "Colors and styles" preferences page as a subpage of the "Profiling" preferences page. Do you mean that page? If you try (2) you can also check to see if between restarts the Oxygen plugin properly preserves the settings in that particular page.
It's possible that when started the Ixiasoft Eclipse plugin forcefully imposes certain settings to the Oxygen plugin.
Yes, that is the preference sub-page to which I referred; and yes, it is retained and honored after standalone oXygen restarts... and I think you've hit the nail on the head, for the Colors and Styles issue (only).
Radu wrote: If all else fails, please contact us via email (support@oxygenxml.com), I can give you a logging configuration file to enable logging in the entire Oxygen plugin, then after you'll reproduce the problem we'll have a logging file containing lots of debug messages which may help us determine the problem.

Regards,
Radu
I will check with our CMS Admin (you know him! :D ) and follow that course if he cannot determine what the CMS is doing to override local settings for Colors and Styles.

BUT, I do not think that has anything to do with the failure of Include dictionaries and term lists from, which is retained after restarts (unlike Colors and Styles) but is not honored. Let us remain focused on that in this thread, just to avoid confusing forks.

Thanks as always;
David
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi David,

I see you've also emailed me about this so I will also reply those emails.
A couple more remarks on this thread:
I do not know how to make "a clean Eclipse installation... with only the Oxygen plugin installed without the Ixiasoft CMS."
For future reference, by this I meant download an Eclipse from the Eclipse web site (version 4.2 for example), start it, install in it the Oxygen plugin (using Oxygen's update plugin site) and work with it there, opening some local DITA topics.
I can, however, run standalone oXygen Author 18.1 Enterprise, pointing it at a local directory; and the preference is honored. HOWEVER, in that instance, it is case sensitive ("Workflow" is still flagged, even though "workflow" is no longer flagged). Which is not consistent with an email from you ...
I cannot reproduce the case sensitivity problem using a stock Oxygen 18.1 standalone installation running with default spell check options (expect the custom spell check terms folder).
I will check with our CMS Admin (you know him! :D ) and follow that course if he cannot determine what the CMS is doing to override local settings for Colors and Styles.
BUT, I do not think that has anything to do with the failure of Include dictionaries and term lists from, which is retained after restarts (unlike Colors and Styles) but is not honored. Let us remain focused on that in this thread, just to avoid confusing forks.
I agree, the Colors and Styles problem is not related to the spell checker custom dictionaries folder problem. So we should approach them separately.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
DavidArtman

Post by DavidArtman »

Thank you, Radu; and per email, we will investigate preference foibles again after upgrading.

To close out the capitalization angle in advance of that hopeful fix: Which oXygen XML Author > Editor > Spell Check Option group box check box would cause permitted words typed in uppercase to be flagged?
It seems like Check capitalization would be the obvious one; but would that be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, in that it would not watch for other typos (like failing to capitalize the start of a sentence)?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi David,

I think you are right, using "Check capitalization" reported that term with an uppercase first letter as a mistake although in my opinion it should not have done this.
I'm away at a conference right now, when I get back I will try to look more into this and add an internal issue.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor