How to turn off logging output in Eclipse

Oxygen general issues.
ychaikin

How to turn off logging output in Eclipse

Post by ychaikin »

Hi,

Just installed Oxygen 7 as a plugin for Eclipse. I see that whenever I am editing an XML file, tons of logging output gets dumped into the console window.

Is there a way to disable that?

Thanks,
Yaakov.
ychaikin

Post by ychaikin »

Hmm... Over 40 views, but no replies... Is what I am asking not possible???

Thanks,
Yaakov.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Yakoov,

Can you give some exampe of such messages. In v7 there is added a console tab with information messages (what is in the Information View in the standalone version). However you can close that console tab if you do not want those messages - but I'm not sure if you are referring to these info messages or to something else.

Best Regards,
George
ychaikin

Post by ychaikin »

Sure,

For example, as I open, close and edit files, this is showing up in the console

Code: Select all

[14:38:33] - Wellformed Error Scanner - Start scanning file:/home/ychaikin/workspace/report/META-INF/jboss-app.xml
[14:38:33] - Found 0 problem(s)
[14:38:41] - Wellformed Error Scanner - Start scanning file:/home/ychaikin/workspace/report/META-INF/jboss-app.xml
[14:38:41] - Found 0 problem(s)
[14:38:42] - Wellformed Error Scanner - Start scanning file:/home/ychaikin/workspace/report/META-INF/jboss-app.xml
[14:38:42] - Found 0 problem(s)
[14:38:51] - DTD XML Error Scanner - Start scanning file:/home/ychaikin/workspace/report/META-INF/application-withweb.xml with schema(s): http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd
[14:38:51] - Found 0 problem(s)
[14:38:52] - Content Completion schema(s) changed: [http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd]
I don't want to close the console view as I need it for other things inside Eclipse... I just want this flow of messages to stop. Even better would be a way to turn them off to save memory and processor resources as they look like log messages useful for debugging Oxygen, not for editing and viewing XML files.

Any ideas on how to do any of this. For example, if I am looking at the Tomcat output through the console window and switch to an XML file to edit it, the console switches to OxygenXML messages console and continues giving me the messages like I pasted above.

Thanks,
Yaakov.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
ychaikin wrote:I just want this flow of messages to stop. Even better would be a way to turn them off to save memory and processor resources as they look like log messages useful for debugging Oxygen, not for editing and viewing XML files.
They are not messages for debugging <oXygen/>, they are for debugging XML applications. They help the user by listing the full path of the schema used for validation, the full path of the XSL applied on the XML document, the success or failure of the action, etc. You can limit the number of messages that remain in the console, the rest are ignored so they don't take system resources. Go to Window -> Preferences -> oXygen -> View -> Limit console output.
ychaikin wrote:For example, if I am looking at the Tomcat output through the console window and switch to an XML file to edit it, the console switches to OxygenXML messages console and continues giving me the messages like I pasted above.
I use <oXygen/> 7.0 in Eclipse 3.1.1 and the CVS console or the JUnit console does not switch to the Oxygen messages console automatically when an <oXygen/> info message is logged to it, for example when I validate or transform an XML file. The content of all these consoles is displayed in the same Console view of Eclipse but I have to switch to the Oxygen messages console manually using the Display Selected Console button on the toolbar of the Console view.

Regards,
Sorin