DITA Map Manager showing broken references

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
juliov27

DITA Map Manager showing broken references

Post by juliov27 »

Hi,

We have a writer who is experiencing a problem with the DITA Map Manager. Any map she opens, appears to have all references broken. However, if I open the same map, all seems fine. She has uninstalled oXygen, including removing all remaining folders before reinstalling and the problem still occurs. Any ideas on what she can do next? Thanks.

Oxygen 20.1
Astoria 6.4
Julio J. Vazquez 8)
Sr. Technical Writer
GE Digital
Radu

Re: DITA Map Manager showing broken references

Post by Radu »

Hi Julio,

She should check in the Oxygen Preferences->"Editor / Edit Modes / Author" page if she has the "Display referenced content" checkbox checked.
She should also look in the Oxygen Preferences->"DITA" page if the default DITA OT 2.x bundled with Oxygen is used.
Or she can reset the entire set of Oxygen global options from the main menu "Options->Reset Global Options".
Otherwise this may be an Astoria plugin specific setting (I remember something similar happened before to an Oxygen + Astoria client) and you may try to ask them if they have some special setting for this in the custom menus added by the Astoria plugin to Oxygen.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
juliov27

Post by juliov27 »

Thanks, Radu, we'll check into this.

I think we tried resetting the Global Preferences before to no avail. She even re-installed Astoria and there was no resolution. We'll keep digging.
Julio J. Vazquez 8)
Sr. Technical Writer
GE Digital
juliov27

Post by juliov27 »

To add to the weirdness of this issue, it appears that the only problem is a display problem. She can open topics, use conkeyref because the Editor sees the keys in the map, even though the map appears as if it were invalid. So what we have is the Map Manager complaining about the references, but everything else works as normal.

We didn't see anything in the Astoria settings that would affect this display.
Julio J. Vazquez 8)
Sr. Technical Writer
GE Digital
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Julio,

Maybe you could email me (support@oxygenxml.com) a screenshot showing how the DITA Maps Manager looks like on her side. Also if when hovering over the errors in the DITA Map Oxygen shows some kind of tooltip with the problem I would be interested in knowing what that reported problem is.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com