Hazardstatement type tip styling

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
patrick-kox

Hazardstatement type tip styling

Post by patrick-kox »

Hi,
Is it possible to set a hazardstatement type tip to show a title and a message ?

The way it looks now it displays the TIP icon and 2 bullets with text (both the <typeofhazard> and <howtoavoid> are both the same size and displayed as a 2 bullet list.

what I'm looking for is to show the TIP icon and a title like "Person X proposed this tip" and then the actual tip (I guess the <howtoavoid>) as a bullet-list (incase there are multiple lines of tips).

I'm new to DITA so I don't know if this is possible, but it looks like this in DocBook XML:

Code: Select all

<caution><title>Tip van Gertjan Lettink</title><para>Als je bijv. problemen met USB apparaten hebt, is “<command>dmesg -wT</command>” een heel fijne. Starten, USB apparaat aan je machine hangen, en dan kijken naar de lopende output.</para></caution>
Tnx
ionela

Re: Hazardstatement type tip styling

Post by ionela »

Hello,

You can achieve this using a CSS customization for your WebHelp Responsive output. You can find the guidelines about how you can customize the output using CSS in our user manual:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... h-css.html

For example, to remove the bullet for <typeofhazard> element you can use CSS something like this:

Code: Select all

.typeofhazard {
list-style: none;
font-weight: bold;
}
I hope this helps.

Regards,
Ionela
Ionela Istodor
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
patrick-kox

Re: Hazardstatement type tip styling