Find/Replace in Files not working

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
chrupek

Find/Replace in Files not working

Post by chrupek »

Hey,

irrespectively of the options I choose, the search does not return any results and the number of scanned files is 0. Even if I choose Scope > All open files and search for a word that is included in the open file, no files are scanned and the search does not return any results.

What might be the solution for this?
Costin

Re: Find/Replace in Files not working

Post by Costin »

Hello,

After taking a look at the screenshot you sent to our support email address, it seems you are using "dita" in the "Include files" filter.
Note that the "Include files" is a search filter, so it does not refer to the file type (extension), but to the file name. So you should use "*.dita" in case you need to search for results in any dita files, or "*" if you need to search all files.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Anne

Post by Anne »

Hi,

I've been using this option a lot, but recently started experiencing the same problem: no matter what I choose to find, get the "0 files scanned" result. My include files filter is set to "*.dita *.ditamap". I'm using Oxygen 22 build 2020021016.

Another problem that might or might not be related is with the Find Unreferenced Resources feature that yields nothing even though there are some unreferenced files. It worked previously, too, after I'd installed Oxygen 22.

Any clue?

Thanks IA,
Anne
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Anne,

If you enumerate a list of extensions in the filters, it needs to be comma separated like:

Code: Select all

*.dita,*.ditamap
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com