Topleaf PDF Transformation Failing Repeatedly

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
shannonxtreme

Topleaf PDF Transformation Failing Repeatedly

Post by shannonxtreme »

My team uses Topleaf's plugin for Oxygen Editor 20.1 to publish release notes and other documentation. We're working on moving over to CSS transformations but it's essential we have a stand-in in the meantime.

When I try to publish using any scenario based on Topleaf, the transformation fails and the following error message is displayed:

Engine name: DITA-OT
Severity: fatal
Description: Transformation failed. C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 20\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT2.x\plugins\au.com.topleaf.pdf_1.0\build.xml:72: C:\SVN\Documentation\External Publications\XX\XXX\XXXXXX\${topleaf.root}\sys\bin does not exist.

This happens after editing the scenario to specify the topleaf template directory, etc. The same templates and directories work fine with XMetaL.

This is local to my PC.

The following solutions have been tried (and failed):
  • Downgrading from Topleaf 9.0 to 8.25
  • Reinstalling the Oxygen plugin
  • Reinstalling Topleaf
Any assistance is appreciated!
Radu

Re: Topleaf PDF Transformation Failing Repeatedly

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Looking at the command line Oxygen executes, it contains at some point a parameter "${topleaf.root}". I think this parameter is not properly expanded by the TopLeaf plugin maybe because it does not detect the TopLeaf installation.
Maybe you should ask somebody from Topleaf for help. I also emailed the TopLeaf vendors to reply to this forum thread.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
qqzx2kp

Re: Topleaf PDF Transformation Failing Repeatedly

Post by qqzx2kp »

Hi. Send an email to support@turnkey.com.au so we can get details of your installation.

Regards,
Tony Stevens