Convert > to > with Smart Paste (Docbook)

Oxygen general issues.
jbzech

Convert > to > with Smart Paste (Docbook)

Post by jbzech »

I seem to recall that the Smart Paste feature in earlier versions of OxgyenXML would convert both < to < and > to > when pasting in Author mode from Word. I'm using 19 now, and only the < is being converted to <.

I realize that you don't NEED the > to convert since it doesn't invalidate the XML, but it would be useful for my workflow if I could get that conversion automatically handled in Smart Paste. Is that possible?

Thanks,
jz
Radu

Re: Convert > to &gt; with Smart Paste (Docbook)

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Indeed from what I tested in Oxygen 16 all ">"'s where converted to ">" and in more recent versions of Oxygen they all remain as ">". I have no idea right now why this change occurred and I also have no idea which is better. Both forms are perfectly equivalent and in a way I think I prefer the new behavior.
Maybe after the paste or from time to time you can switch to the Text editing mode, use the "Find Replace" dialog to replace ">" with ">" setting also the "XPath" filter expression to be "//text()".
If you want I could open an issue on our side and investigate further, I'm kind of skeptical to add a new setting just for this though.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jbzech

Re: Convert > to &gt; with Smart Paste (Docbook)

Post by jbzech »

I don't know that it's a feature useful enough to be worth implementing for everyone. And I plan on telling the person using this workflow to just use a regular expression to achieve the correct result. But I'd hoped there might be an easy way to implement a customization for this and save them a step.

I appreciate you looking into it. Thanks.