New CSS-based PDF output - how to specify number of columns?

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
mdslup

New CSS-based PDF output - how to specify number of columns?

Post by mdslup »

I do a lot of landscape orientation with 2 or 3 columns. I was able to do this with XSL, but I can't find in the documentation how # of columns is specified in the new CSS-based PDF output. Can anyone help?
Costin

Re: New CSS-based PDF output - how to specify number of columns?

Post by Costin »

Hi,

It is not so clear what exactly you need to achieve.
The number of columns for a table should be declared in your source XML document, is not part of a specific transformation. The PDF based on CSS transformation scenarios just publish your source files to PDF, they does not alter their content (like defining tables or their columns - this is all up to you to declare in your XML documents).

In case you refer to rotating tables in the resulting PDF (changing a table's orientation to landscape or portrait) there is a specialized topic in our User-Guide which provides guidance on rotating tables and defining tables layout, so you should take a look at it.

L.E: On the other hand, in case what you need is to have a page published in multiple columns in the resulted PDF, this is also possible and you can find information on it on this page from the User-Guide.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
mdslup

Re: New CSS-based PDF output - how to specify number of columns?

Post by mdslup »

Thanks for the link.