SVN Client: Migrating Working Copies Manager settings

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Frank Ralf

SVN Client: Migrating Working Copies Manager settings

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I've installed oXygen 16 parallel to oXygen 15 and most settings have conveniently been imported by the new installation (e.g. the project history), only the settings of the SVN Client's Working copies manager are missing. Can I migrate them somehow or do I have to recreate them?

TIA
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
adrian

Re: SVN Client: Migrating Working Copies Manager settings

Post by adrian »

Hi,

Are you starting the SVN Client from within Oxygen (menu > Tools > SVN Client) or are you using the standalone Syncro SVN Client launcher (syncroSVNClient executable/script from the installation folder)?
Note that they have two different sets of options.

If it's the one from within Oxygen, it should have been imported automatically with the rest of the Oxygen settings.

Either way, if you still have both versions of the application, you can manually migrate the options between them.
Start the old version and use Options > Export Global Options to save the old options to a file.
Start the new version and use Options > Import Global Options and pick the saved options file.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Thanks for the quick reply, Adrian.

I'm using the SVN Client from within oXygen and all other settings have indeed been imported to the new version, only except for the repository and working copies lists of the SVN client. I will keep an eye on it and report back if this is a (minor) bug.

Kind regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem after upgrading from oXygen 16.1 to 17.1 (the same happened with 18.1 and 19.1): The repository list is taken over to the new version but the working copy list is empty.

I tried the above mentioned solution and manually exported the global options from the SVN client of oXygen 16.1 and imported them to oXygen 17.1 but the result is the same, still no working copies. I fear that I have to manually add all my working copies using the Working Copies Manager.

I've installed all versions in parallel without deleting older versions before installing the new one. Might that be the problem?

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

Installing multiple versions side by side is not a problem. Each version keeps a separate options file, so they won't interfere. Normally you shouldn't have to export options from an older version and import them into the newer version, this is done automatically when you start a newer version (it imports the options from the most recent older version it finds options for).

If you still have the options file you exported from v16.1, open it and search for 'version-control.svn.working-copies.items'. Grab the parent 'entry' of this in its entirety (triple click it, or right click Select > Element) and copy it separately to a clean options file, in place of the <?insert here?> shown below:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<serialized version="18.1" xml:space="preserve">
<serializableOrderedMap>
<?insert here?>
</serializableOrderedMap>
</serialized>
Save this to a file and try to import it again.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work.

I also had a closer look at the exported global options of oXygen 17.1, 18.1 and 19.1 but none of those files contained any reference to working copies.

Best regards,
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

I can confirm that when exporting or importing the options, the SVN working copies are being filtered. I've logged an issue to address this.

If you no longer have the old version of Oxygen, you can check its options file (if it still has the working copies).
Depending on the platform the Oxygen options folder is located as follows:
- Windows 7/8/10 - <user-home-folder>\AppData\Roaming\com.oxygenxml
- macOS - <user-home-folder>/Library/Preferences/com.oxygenxml
- Linux - <user-home-folder>/.com.oxygenxml
In Windows if you have trouble locating the AppData/Application Data folder(it is hidden), open Windows Explorer, type in the Address bar %APPDATA% and press Enter.

Look in the Oxygen options folder for files named oxyOptionsSaNN.N.xml. These are the option files for Oxygen XML Editor of the respective version.
e.g. oxyOptionsSa17.1.xml - for Oxygen XML Editor v17.1
Open the corresponding file and look for the 'version-control.svn.working-copies.items' entry. Unfortunately it's not possible to import them, you have to manually re-enter them within the GUI.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
Frank Ralf

Post by Frank Ralf »

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for testing and confirming the issue. Your workaround did the trick.

Many thanks for your kind help!
Frank
Frank Ralf
parson AG
www.parson-europe.com