unable to open xslt files

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Olivier

unable to open xslt files

Post by Olivier »

Hi, any help would be appreciated. I'm having problems using the xsl editor of the Eclipse plugin. When I open an xsl file I get a message "unable to create part: myfile.xslt"

I click ok then I get "an error has occured when activating this view"

this is the log :

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 4 2 Sep 10, 2003 16:09:47.276
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.OxygenXMLEditorActionBarContributor.e(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.OxygenXMLEditorActionBarContributor.setActiveEditor(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.inter
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Dear Olivier,

Please try to see if you get the same problem with the latest available version:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/update/com.oxy ... .beta1.zip

If you still have problems then please let us know what eclipse version are you using and on what platform. Also it will be interesting to know if you get this on any xslt document or on specific ones. If it is the later case then sending such a sample file will be really helpful.

Thank you,
George
ooli

Post by ooli »

I am using version 2.0.4-beta1 and I also tried with the release 2.0.3 version. Same issue.

I have tested on two different machines both with Eclipse 2.1 jdk 1.4.1_02 on Windows 2000.

I have new insight in the problem though, it is probably a xalan conflict :
I have an "endorsed" directory under the lib directory of the java runtime that loads Eclipse. This directory contains xalan.jar, xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar , because we need xalan 2.5.0. I see the version that comes with the plugin is 2.5.1. If I update the endorsed xalan to 2.5.1, I am able to make the xsl plugin work.

Does the plugin require xalan 2.5.1 or is it my combination of tools that requires this?

thank you for your time
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Olivier,

Oxygen does not depend on a specific version of Xalan, it loads it through JAXP so you can replace the xalan.jar from the plugin lib directory with the 2.5.0 version. Let us know if you get the same problem when putting Xalan 2.5.0 both in the endorsed directory and in the plugin lib.

Thanks,
George
ooli

Post by ooli »

Hi again,

I did some more experimentation on this and it turns out that it's actually the Xerces version that poses a problem. No matter what I do, only the the jar located in endorsed gets loaded, and if I use xerces 2.4.0, then it doesn't work. Here is the log that comes a little before what I posted previously:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/DOMParserImpl

at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.xsl.if.c(Unknown Source)

at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.a.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.xsl.if.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.oxygenxml.editor.editors.xsl.a.getContentAssistant(Unknown Source)
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Olivier,

Oxygen has a stronger dependence on the XML parser, I guess this is something normal for an XML editor. We always ship the latest version of Xerces at the moment of release, that is oXygen 2.0.3 comes with Xerces 2.5.0. There were some changes indeed between Xerces 2.4.0 and Xerces 2.5.0 and oXygen was updated according with Xerces 2.5.0 changes. Please put the Xerces 2.5.0 instead of Xerces 2.4.0 in your endorsed directory and that should solve your problem.

Best Regards,
George