Reusable Components View

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
thedantanner

Reusable Components View

Post by thedantanner »

Did version 20 change the way in which content references are inserted from the reusable components view? Before version 20, when a conref was inserted from this view, they were inserted as a conref element. Now, they are being inserted as conkeyref elements. This causes our custom PDF transformation to fail.

I looked this up in the help files, and saw that if a key is defined in the conref file, that this is the intended behavior. I removed the keys attribute from my conref file (keys="conrefkey") but this didn't change the way the conref was inserted.

Conrefs are inserted as conref elements when they are inserted from the contextual menu in author mode. I also saw that I can insert them as conref element from the reusable components view via right-click. Is there a setting that will controls the default method for inserting a conref from the reusable components view?

Thanks!
d
thedantanner

Re: Reusable Components View

Post by thedantanner »

Disregard!

Sorry - disregard this post, I figured it out. It wasn't a problem at all, I had just removed the keys attribute from the wrong set of conref files.

:roll:

Feel free to delete this thread; I couldn't find a way to do it on my end.
thedantanner

Post by thedantanner »

thedantanner wrote:Disregard!

Sorry - disregard this post, I figured it out. It wasn't a problem at all, I had just removed the keys attribute from the wrong set of conref files.
That being said, I didn't encounter this problem before version 20. Our conrefs were inserted as conref elements despite having a key defined.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

When you double click to insert a component, if Oxygen finds a key pointing to the component's topic, it will insert a conkeyref, otherwise it inserts a conref. This is what the behavior has always been like. But you can right click the component and choose to specifically insert it as a conref.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com