converting xml files to dita

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Tay

converting xml files to dita

Post by Tay »

Hello,

I have been trying to convert my documentation to dita format
i can export it as xml files that i can open with oxygen xml, is there a transformation i can apply to transform xml files to dita ?
I noticed there's a transformation from html to dita but how can i transform xml files ?

Thank you !
Costin

Re: converting xml files to dita

Post by Costin »

Hello,

There is no specialized support in oXygen for converting general XML files into standardized XML document, like DITA, DocBook, etc.
There could be possible to obtain DITA files out of general XML, but this implies strong XSLT development knowledge, because you have data that was written in a generic vocabulary, so most probably you have to write an XSL stylesheet of your own to convert it to DITA or anything else you need.
You can use Oxygen to create the XSLT stylesheet and apply it over the XML, but, as I already specified, this is not something you could use out-of-the-box, nor could we help with creating such stylesheet, as we do not provide consultancy/training services.

If you decide you need help, you could try reaching out to a publishing consultancy company (you can find a list of such companies in the Company > Partners section on our website).

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
Tay

Re: converting xml files to dita

Post by Tay »

Thank you Costin for your quick answer.
I will try to write the xsl stylesheets.
Good Day :)