Open/Find Resource Search Scope

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
thedantanner

Open/Find Resource Search Scope

Post by thedantanner »

I'm having trouble getting the open/find resource tool to omit files in directories which I have indicated in my preferences.

Here are the entries in the search scope's "ignore" field:

*.tmp, *.temp, *.bak, *.html, *.htm, *.fo, *~, */.*, */temp/*, */out/*, file:/c:/users/dtanner/desktop/workspace/*

After re-indexing, files in the "workspace" file (shown above) still appear in the search results. The Oxygen project file, and all other files I work with are in a different directory. I've also tried this with other folders, with the same result. Current Oxygen version is 19.1.

Any help is, as always, appreciated.

Dan
Radu

Re: Open/Find Resource Search Scope

Post by Radu »

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the feedback, we tested and indeed this does not seem to properly work anymore, we'll investigate further and come up with a fix. We'll update this thread when the fix is available on our web site.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
thedantanner

Post by thedantanner »

Sounds good, thanks.
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi Dan,

We've further investigated this situation and it appears that the patterns from the "Ignore content of these files" option only apply when indexing the file content. It is a design choice we made at the time when the feature was implemented. Nevertheless, we see the need of some filters for the file path searching as well. We'll keep you up to date.

Best regards,
Alex
thedantanner

Post by thedantanner »

Good deal, thank you.