Add on: git: discrepancy with the shell

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
whyme

Add on: git: discrepancy with the shell

Post by whyme »

In the git plugin I'm getting a list of files for deleting and adding that don't match the list that exists when I run git status in the shell. These seem to have to do with cases where filenames have had changes in case, or in accentuation. If you want to look, I've just pushed a clean repo here. In oXygen's git add on, eight files are flagged as needing attention.
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Add on: git: discrepancy with the shell

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

I think I understand. For example, I start with an up-to-date project (pushed and pulled everything). Then I rename "test.xml" to "tEst.xml" (capital E). Our plugin shows that "test.xml" was deleted and "tEst.xml" added, while the "git status" command only says "Untracked files: tEst.xml". Is this the behavior you noticed?

All the best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML
whyme

Post by whyme »

Hi Sorin,

Hm, it seems that a little experiment I did showed that the problem is specific to my git repo, which has had several years of accumulation, and at one point the case difference and diacriticals threw a wrench in the normal git workflow. So ignore my complaint.
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Thank you for getting back to us with this information! Good luck with your work!