make Oxygen open in a maximized window on Ubuntu

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Wolfhart

make Oxygen open in a maximized window on Ubuntu

Post by Wolfhart »

Hello,

I am using Oxygen 10.3 on Ubuntu 16.04. When I launch Oxygen via the Unity launcher, Oxygen opens in a resized (i.e., not maximized) window. Is there some way to make Oxygen open automatically in a maximized window? I suppose that it would have to be some line of code or a parameter to be added to the file "/usr/share/applications/Oxygen XML Editor.desktop". Is there something I can add to this file, or something else I can do, to make Oxygen open in a maximized window?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Wolfhart

Re: make Oxygen open in a maximized window on Ubuntu

Post by Wolfhart »

I have found a solution -- or maybe rather a workaround -- to my problem, namely to install the package Maximus and add it to the startup applications. Maximus maximizes all windows by default, and so Oxygen too is maximized when launched. Maximus has an exclusion list on which I can put the applications whose windows I do not want to have maximized. Like that, the workaround produces no unwanted changes in the computer's behavior.
adrian

Re: make Oxygen open in a maximized window on Ubuntu

Post by adrian »

Hi,

Oxygen v10.3 (released in 2009) has reached its end of life quite some time ago (2011) and is no longer maintained or supported.
Oxygen v10.3 has never been tested on Ubuntu 11 or later, so it might have issues with Unity that could not have been predicted at the time, as it was only tested on Gnome.

Other than using system tools and perhaps updating the Java runtime bundled with Oxygen 10, I cannot make other recommendations.
In the end, it's best that you found a workaround that involves system tools.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com