Issues Editing in Text Mode

Oxygen general issues.
JHenry

Issues Editing in Text Mode

Post by JHenry »

I just installed oXygen 20 and also a Framework that the company I'm currently working for set up. Now when I go into "Text" mode I cannot edit or change tags when before I could. Is this oXygen 20 or the Framework making it to where I cannot change tags?

For example before if I copy and pasted a list from Word into oXygen if it came over tagged as an [ol] ordered list but I needed it to be an [ul] unordered list I could jump into "text" mode and change the [ol] to a [ul] and be fine but now it won't let me change the tag in "text" mode. Or if I needed to make a header row in a table I could also make the changes in "text" mode. Now the program won't let me. I suspect it's a limitation put on the framework I have to work within but am not 100% sure. If this is a limitation is there a way (a setting) I could change to give me back the freedom to edit in "text" mode?

Thanks,
Jessica
Radu

Re: Issues Editing in Text Mode

Post by Radu »

Hi Jessica,

Oxygen by default does not disallow editing in the Text editing mode. Even for files marked as read-only, Oxygen shows a small lock icon on the opened document's tab area (where the document file name and icon are shown) but still allows editing.
So probably your custom framework (or a custom installed plugin) does that. For example sometimes CMSs may contribute plugins for Oxygen which disable editing in the Text editing mode (as they are afraid you might make the document not wellformed or remove certain IDs they set on the XML document).

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com