disconnectingt exist-db/webdav to exist

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hlapin

disconnectingt exist-db/webdav to exist

Post by hlapin »

I am working in windows 7 64bit system in Oxygen 19.1 (have not yet installed 20).
I have an exist app I am working with in oxygen. In DB view, I am unable to disconnect the database connection (i.e., the connection remains live after disconnect.)
I am also unable to save via webdav, which I suspect is connected.
Any advice for an oxygen-with-exist newbie appreciated.
adrian

Re: disconnectingt exist-db/webdav to exist

Post by adrian »

Hi,

What version of eXist-db are you using?
Please note that v19.1 and older are known to not work properly with eXist 4 and later, due to a change in eXist 4 API. The contextual menus in the Data Source Explorer do not appear or the eXist-db 4 connection.
I am unable to disconnect the database connection (i.e., the connection remains live after disconnect.)
How did you determine that the connection is still live?
Also, if the connection does indeed remain live, why is that a significant problem?
I am also unable to save via webdav, which I suspect is connected.
What's the error message?
Make sure the WebDAV user has write access to whatever you are trying to save.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
hlapin

Post by hlapin »

Hi. Thanks for your reply.
Now in version 20.0, if I right click on the db icon in the data source explorer, the database still appears, and I can still navigate down the tree and open documents. Is there any other way to do this?

Not sure this was an exist 4.0 API issue, but webDAV save and open seems to work.
Thanks so much!
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

You missed an important question:
What version of eXist-db are you using?
Now in version 20.0, if I right click on the db icon in the data source explorer, the database still appears, and I can still navigate down the tree and open documents. Is there any other way to do this?
"Disconnect" just collapses the tree and interrupts the connection. If you expand the tree again, it reconnects.
If you want to disable or remove the connection, you should go to Options > Preferences, Data Sources. Clear the box for "Browsable" to make it disappear from "Data Source Explorer".

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
hlapin

Post by hlapin »

Sorry. eXist-db 4.0.

What I was concerned about was that if "disconnect" kept the connection live, that it was blocking webdav access.

Regarding webdav, I can successfully open existing files via webdav. If I try to create a new file and save to the db I get the following message. I am logging in as admin, have rw privileges, as far as I know. If I this is not the expected behavior I can provide the complete message.

java.io.IOException: File test.xml does no longer exist.

Thanks.
HL
hlapin

Post by hlapin »

Sorry. re webdav, wrong URL. I believe I've sorted it out.