Tracking changes in PDF Output

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
anna_craneo

Tracking changes in PDF Output

Post by anna_craneo »

Hi!

I'm using DITA Map PDF - WYSIWYG transformation scenario with "show.changes.and.comments = yes" to show changes in my PDF. It works fine, but there're some things that may confuse my readers:
  • 1. Deleted content is displayed with all tags applied (like <uicontrol>, <i>, etc.). Can it be shown without tags?
    2. All changes are described in the footer of the page and these descriptions are huge. Can I hide them (e.g., with CSS) or make them smaller?
Thanks in advance.
Dan

Re: Tracking changes in PDF Output

Post by Dan »

Hello,

For the first problem we have no available fix. I have noted as an enhancement request.

To remove the footnotes associated to document changes add this snippet to your CSS:

Code: Select all

oxy-delete, 
oxy-insert{
float:none;
display:none;
}
If you need to hide the footnotes for the comments, add the oxy-comment to the above selector.

Many regards,
Dan
anna_craneo

Post by anna_craneo »

Hi Dan,

It works fine when I build my doc with in-built Oxygen plugin, but the property is ignored when I use this one. It also ignored changes in footnotes colors, etc.

Could you point me, why this may happen?
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello Anna,

It is possible that the external pdf-css plugin uses other Chemistry processor or other CSSs than the plugin/scenario built in oXygen.

See: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... gging.html

Please compare the transformation console between the two cases. You will see both the Chemistry build and the list of CSSs just before Chemistry starts.

We just released oXygen version 20.0, maybe you can give it a try. We have also updated the pdf-css plugin from GitHub.

Many regards,
Dan
anna_craneo

Post by anna_craneo »

Dan,

Thanks a lot, that helped.

I have spotted one more strange thing about tracking changes in PDF - when I add several paragraphs of text with lists and sections, huge indents are added. This also happens when I highlight text. Is there any parameter(s) in CSS to remove indents?
Dan

Post by Dan »

I am not sure what happens. It would be great if you can send us an example PDF and small DITA topic showing the problem. Please zip them and send them using the technical support form: https://www.oxygenxml.com/techSupport.html

Many regards,
Dan