Indicate that conref is being used somewhere

Oxygen general issues.
cbrzeski

Indicate that conref is being used somewhere

Post by cbrzeski »

In Oxygen, when I'm viewing the contents of a collection file (where I keep all my conref source fragments) is there a way to show that a conref fragment is being used somewhere? Similar to the way Oxygen shows profiling in a topic (show text within the tag in a different color, or give some visual indication)? So far, we have been right-clicking on the conref source tag and selecting the show Where-used command. This works well, but it is slow. In efforts to clean up our collection files, it would be nice to open a collection file and see at a glance which ones are/are not being used at all. Can we set something that will show us (by highlight, color, etc.) that a conref source is (or is not) being used?
Radu

Re: Indicate that conref is being used somewhere

Post by Radu »

Hi Corinne,

We do not yet have such a feature. How about if instead of presenting elements which are not used with a certain background we would add a new setting in the Validate and check for completeness action from the DITA Maps manager view to report all elements which have IDs and are not referenced?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
cbrzeski

Post by cbrzeski »

Hi, Radu
Sorry for the delayed reply. I didn't notice that I had an answer - I wasn't watching my notifications closely enough.
Anyway, I conveyed your suggestion to the users and they think that is a good idea. They look forward to the improvement.
Thanks
Corinne
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Corinne,

Funny that we just finished work about a week ago on a new setting in the "Validate and check for completeness" dialog called "Report unreferenced reusable elements". When checked, the validation tries to detect topics which contain reusable elements (either referenced in the DITA Map with processing-role="resource-only" or having elements referenced from other topics) and then tries to see if all IDs defined on elements in such topics are referenced in any way from other topics.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
cbrzeski

Post by cbrzeski »

Excellent! I believe this will go a long way toward providing what the users want. Thanks Radu.
sorin_carbunaru

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

I just wanted to announce that oXygen 20 is available now, and it adds the "Report Unreferenced Reusable Elements" option in the "DITA Map Validate and Check for Completeness" dialog.

Kind regards,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML