"entity referenced, but not declared" in modular DTD

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
pa7

"entity referenced, but not declared" in modular DTD

Post by pa7 »

Hi everyone,

my problem is this: I am working with the NLM BITS Tag Suite DTD files and get the error message that entities are referenced, but not declared. The thing is that they actually are declared, but in different modules. All the modules are in the same folder. Is there any setup I have missed or what's the reason for Oxygen not detecting the relationship between those modules?

Thanks for your help!
Radu

Re: "entity referenced, but not declared" in modular DTD

Post by Radu »

Hi,

If the module which defines the entity is not referenced in some way in the other modules, it does not matter that it sits in the same folder as the other used modules.
So somehow the main DTD referenced by your XML document refers a set of modules which refer other modules and so on, and the module which defines the entity needs to be somehow referenced directly or indirectly in this entire hierarchy of dependencies.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
pa7

Post by pa7 »

Dear Radu,

the problem occurs within the DTD modules, although they follow the given hierarchy. The thing is that Oxygen also cannot load other catalog files like DITA or Schema either. It seems like it cannot access the resources, but the location is correct. I get the following message, too: "Loading catalog: [file:/...]", but the resource and system id columns say there is no resource / system id available.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

If you can share with us some samples (sample XML document, sample DTDs) via email (support@oxygenxml.com) we could look further into this.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
pa7

Post by pa7 »

Thanks, I will do this.