namespace dependent format and indent

Post here questions and problems related to oXygen frameworks/document types.
bwbohl

namespace dependent format and indent

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi oXygen team,

I want to configure my Editor to format and indent elements with the same name but from different namespaces differently. E.g. ns1:element should stay inline while ns2:element should have line-breaks before and after. Nevertheless I do not manage to properly configure this in Preferences/Editor/Format/XML.

I did set "ns2:element" in the line-break tab but it seems that the namespace-prefix is not being resolved. It works if I only enter "element" but then it would also affect ns1:element.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for helping!
=====
oXygen XML Editor v18.1
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
adrian

Re: namespace dependent format and indent

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi,

What version of Oxygen are you using?
I did set "ns2:element" in the line-break tab but it seems that the namespace-prefix is not being resolved. It works if I only enter "element" but then it would also affect ns1:element.
I cannot reproduce this issue in v19.1. For me it doesn't work at all with "element", only with ns2:element.

Could you provide a complete (but small) example XML file where you see the issue? It could be something that happens in a specific context.

Do note that Oxygen will already insert some line breaks by default (e.g. in element only blocks). So it's usually more difficult to configure it not to enter line breaks.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com

Return to “SDK-API, Frameworks - Document Types”