Editing attributes in tables (DITA context)

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
susannecm

Editing attributes in tables (DITA context)

Post by susannecm »

Our DITA-based documentation is provided in several languages.
In one of the documents, I have a lengthy CALS table with four columns. Only the following must be translated:
- the table header
- the last column
To set translate="no" for most of the entries, I selected a table column and applied the attribute. However, the attribute was only set for the entry at the very bottom of the column. Is it possible to change the behavior so that the attribute is set for all entries in the selected column?
Thank you for your help
Susanne Muris
Radu

Re: Editing attributes in tables (DITA context)

Post by Radu »

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for providing your use case, we have some plans to implement this feature to set an attribute (or more than one attributes) on multiple selected elements but somehow we did not find the time for it. I will try to increase the internal issue's priority.
For now I can give you a workaround:
In the Oxygen Preferences->"Editor / Edit Modes / Author / Profiling/Conditional Text" page there is a profiling attributes table. Add another entry there for the "*DITA*" framework configuration with the "translate" attribute and its two values.
Then select the elements, right click and choose "Edit Profiling Attributes", this specific dialog does allow setting the profiling attributes on multiple elements.
So even if the "translate" is not a profiling attribute you can pretend to Oxygen that it is one in order to benefit from using this special editing dialog.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
susannecm

Re: Editing attributes in tables (DITA context)

Post by susannecm »

Thank you for the workaround, it worked nicely.