install problem with 2.0.3 plugin, Linux

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
nihilo

install problem with 2.0.3 plugin, Linux

Post by nihilo »

After installing the plugin for Eclipse, it seems that there is a problem with the oxygen xsl editor. When I try to open an XSL document, it fails to open the xsl editor, which *.xsl was assigned to by default, and when I try to manually assign files to a particular plugin, the xsl editor does not appear in the options available (though xsd, xml, etc. all appear fine).

Was the xsl editor merged with the xml editor or something, but the default file association wasn't changed, or should there still be an xsl editor that i can associate with *.xsl and *.xslt files??

thanks..
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

There should be an oXygen XSL editor.
We cannot reproduce this problem on any of our platforms.

Regards,
George
nihilo

still broken

Post by nihilo »

george wrote:Hi,

There should be an oXygen XSL editor.
We cannot reproduce this problem on any of our platforms.

Regards,
George
I just reinstalled both eclipse and the oxygen plugin, and still I have no oxygen editor at all except the XML editor. If I try to open a stylesheet, I get an error that says "unable to create part: preprocessor.xsl" where preprocessor.xsl is the file I was trying to open. Then after clicking okay, it says "An error occurred when activating this view."

I just downloaded the latest version of Eclipse (2.1.1-gtk) and did nothing but install that and the latest 2.0.3 Oxygen plugin and license, and I still get this error.

When I go to preferences>workbench>file associations, and I try to associate the oxygen xsl editor with xsl files again, it is not available as a choice. I see all the other oxygen editors in the list, but the xsl editor does not show up.

Thanks for any help...

n.
Mircea

Post by Mircea »

Hi,

I suggest you to try to install the latest plugin from:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/update/com.oxy ... .beta1.zip

If neither this will work, having in mind that we tested the plugin on Win98, Win2000Pro, WinXP, Mac OS X and Mandrake 9, I suggest you to download the Motif distribution of Eclipse. With the GTK distribution we experienced lots of problems, the most strange being the X crash.
nihilo

Post by nihilo »

2.04beta1 seems to be working fine. The xsd and xsl editors are opening properly, and I haven't experienced any problems yet.